Servisource, are seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer on behalf of our client; a market leading construction contractor.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have detailed knowledge of the construction industry, preferably with commercial fit out. The candidate will be responsible for procuring goods and services along with plant and equipment hire.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You will maintain and update the master price list for commercial functions within the business.
- You will monitor the actual spend in comparing it to the budget using a traffic light system and conduct reports regularly.
- You will control and police the site procurement.
- You will be responsible for sourcing and ordering materials, products and equipment ensuring appropriate stock levels always.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers that meet the technical requirements for each project
- Work with site and contracts managers to ensure deliveries are on site on time. You will also work with handling product queries, back orders, returns and repeat business.
- You must track all price changes and updates in advance, uploading new prices onto the relevant systems, and getting sign off on all price increases from the Commercial Managers
- Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms
- You must keep note of all rebate schemes in place and ensure year end credit notes are issued, which you would have discussed terms with suppliers at the beginning of the year.
- Keep a record of all emailed purchase orders so they can easily be cross referenced when signing invoices for payment and also of any skips and waste on site.
- Ensuring that product information flows accurately from the ‘Bill of Quantities’ database through to all Operations and Purchasing systems.
- You will work with the finance department on POD and invoices, ensuring that accurate record of all charges per site are maintained.
- Ensure approved documentation is accurately completed and authorised where necessary
- Ensure all processes outlined in Materials Procurement Policy are adhered to by all
- Issue plant hire database to Operations & Commercial team & highlight any items that remain on hire after initial off-hire date
- Make commercial decision with regards purchasing as opposed to hiring plant
- When lifting devices are ordered you must ensure all GA1 Certificates are issued in advance of equipment being delivered to site.
To be considered, you must have the following experience:
- Degree in business administration, finance or a relevant field
- At least 2-3 years experience in a similar role with a main contractor.
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
- Full knowledge of the Solid knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes, policy, and systems
- Full knowledge of construction materials, construction equipment, procurement and the local market.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Flexible working time suitable for a work/ life balance, 9 hour work day.
- Competitive negotiable salary
To apply, please send your cv to email@example.com or contact 042 936 8312.