Cpl is urgently seeking an experienced Procurement Officer with public experience to join a top client in Dublin.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work closely with a senior solicitor and legal procurement team across all aspects of the companies procurement activities with specific focus on managing public procurement risk.
• To become fully familiar with the company Procurement Policy and Guidance & Procedures documents and to assist in the management of procurement processes and provide guidance to the business units in their implementation of the Policy and Procedures.
• To provide the business units with relevant template procurement documentation and to assist/advise on the proper completion of same.
• To act as secretary to tender evaluation groups as required and to prepare detailed minutes and necessary third party correspondence for legal sign-off.
• The maintenance of l files for significant projects where the Procurement team is advising and for European advertised tenders.
• Drafting and publication of eTender notices
• Assist in the preparation of Committee & Board papers, assist in preparing the Annual Procurement Plan presented for Board approval and to seek relevant information from each Business Unit for the completion of same.
• Support in devising future procurement strategies, finalising contractual arrangements with service providers, and to manage mini-tenders from the Legal panels within Legal.
• To assist with providing information and records to internal and external audits and to liaise, collate and provide all necessary information to the C&AG and other auditors as required.
• To manage the Central Contracts Management System in respect of recording company Legal Unit appointments and from a wider procurement perspective for the Procurement Team.
• To assist in carrying out relevant procurement law research as required.
• To keep legal procurement team abreast of all issues on a continuous basis and to act diligently in the control of procurement and legal risks.
• Third level qualification in law, business or related discipline advantageous.
• 3-5 years’ experience either in procurement law or tendering processes while an advantage is not essential - training will be provided.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Strong word, excel and power-point skills.