Procurement Manager - FMCG
This is a senior role and the successful candidate will have responsibility for a significant proportion of the company’s purchasing strategy
The successful candidate will have broad experience and understanding of food commodity markets. They will also be expected to understand the mechanics and demands of the Foodservice and Bakery sector in Ireland today. Success in the role will require strong organisational skills, attention to detail and consistent numerical accuracy.
• Management of all Purchasing activity for the appointed product portfolio which can cross over all categories.
• Lead external negotiation on pricing, contract terms and conditions, commercial models, risk and issue resolution.
• Selection of 3rd party Contract Manufacturers in line with requirements and company rules and regulations.
• Leverage volume and economies of scale through activities such as supply base consolidation.
• Help suppliers upgrade skills (cost management, lean practice, emerging technologies etc.)
• Drive supplier delivery of contractual commitments.
• Evaluate supplier risk and manage appropriately.
• Contribute to Procurement Strategy and Planning and work with colleagues to ensure alignment and execution.
• Identify and implement effective cost savings
• Provision of costing information to relevant departments.
• Management of forecasting activities in conjunction with sales department
• Third level degree in business related discipline
• Specialised supply chain or purchasing qualifications a distinct advantage
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Proven ability to build effective relationships at a senior level with external organisations
• Excellent ability to analyse and simplify complex financial information
• Ability to maintain consistent and precise accuracy on all information provided
Send CVs in confidence to email@example.com / 01 614 6030 for details