Procurement Manager - Food Manuafacturer
We are partnered with a large food manufacturer based in County Tyrone to appoint an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the full procurement function within the company.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities
- Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- Developing a purchasing strategy
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Attending meetings and trade conferences
- Training and supervising the work of other members of staff
- Implementation of service level agreement and contractual agreements with all suppliers
- Reviewing and challenging current processes and making enhancements which ensure positive progress for the role and the business
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Experience working in a similar role within an FMCG environment.
- Strong commercial skills and financial awareness, capable of building persuasive business cases.
- Ability and flexibility to perform in a fast moving environment.
- Extensive knowledge meat/poultry industry.
- Preferred degree in Business or Purchasing related subject.
For the full job description please contact Aimee on 02890725630 / 07393014996 or click apply for immediate consideration!
Procurement, purchasing, FMCG, Food manufacturing, County Tyrone, suppliers, vendors