Process Engineer - Pfizer
CPL, in conjunction with our client Pfizer have a requirement for a Process Engineer to join their API plant in Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork.
Summary of the role:
To assess all existing and new processes and select or modify suitable equipment to ensure optimal manufacturing, safety and environmental performance of each process. To assist in the implementation and execution of all necessary validation requirements to ensure compliance with GMP and safety standards. To trouble shoot and review all processes and process equipment to ensure optimal performance of the equipment and the process.
- Take ownership for the review of new and existing processes and select equipment to ensure they meet process requirements and ensure equipment design is user friendly, utilises space optimally and is easily cleaned and accessible by colleagues.
- Specify process requirements for purchase of new equipment and design software to ensure specification is fulfilled and validated. Ensure close working relationship with site engineering department and that relevant project related documentation (URS / CCF’s etc) is provided in a timely manner.
- Prepare process flow diagrams and process descriptions for new processes and changes to existing processes including process summary, equipment selection, process time, productivity, manpower requirements, environmental, quality and safety implications. Update existing process descriptions and PFD’s with relevant changes.
- Validate, commission and train relevant colleagues on new process and equipment and changes to same to ensure consistency of approach.
- Achieve the optimization of equipment through monitoring and troubleshooting the processes as required and propose corrective actions. Follow up on proposed actions to ensure proposals are interpreted and implemented correctly and assess effectiveness of changes for continuous improvements.
- Build strong working relationship with other members of Process Team to ensure effective working relationships exist among members of the team. Work as part of the manufacturing team to optimize productivity, reduce cost, de-bottleneck processes and maximize flexibility of production equipment.
- Work closely with Maintenance Dept to ensure adherence to site Planned Maintenance systems for designated equipment.
- Take ownership in the start-up of processes on plant (Preps Lists etc) and where necessary provide support in the supervision of process start-ups.
- Work with Technical Supervisors ensuring that all identified changes are implemented correctly across all shifts on plant.
- qualified to degree or post graduate level
- 2-5 years’ experience in an API manufacturing or API technical (process chemistry, process engineering) role.
- Experience of working on capital projects from a process engineering perspective
This is an initial 12-month contract