Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
I have been exclusively retained to work in partnership with Catapult as they continue to build out their team in Dundalk. Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US, Ireland and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about the delivery of high quality software through automation and collaboration.
PRINCIPAL DEVOPS ENGINEER
Are you an aspiring DevOps engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment? We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
We are looking for a Principal DevOps engineer with strong Sass and cloud services experience. You will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud-based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development to achieve our vision of infrastructure as code. This is a high impact role in a fast paced organization that runs on the most cutting edge cloud based infrastructure.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, staging, and production environments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with our development and operations teams to support application builds, continuous integration, deployments of features.
- Automate cloud infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, Docker and AWS or similar tools.
- Enhance monitoring and alerting beyond the world of Nagios that spans across development and operations.
- Guide our development and operations team in infrastructure best practices
- Create health dashboards for infrastructure services
- Develop continuous integration tools and processes that streamline testing & deployment of a large-scale systems on public and private clouds
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead
- Collaborate with our other teams (primarily in Boston, Leeds and Melbourne) to produce world class software
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years coding experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, PHP)
- Passion for writing code to solve multiple problems through automation and tools
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure, Amazon Web Services is a strong plus
- Experience with deployment and configuration system, Ansible is a strong plus, or puppet/chef or other tools and container management systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and sysadmin experience
- Working knowledge of log management and monitoring systems (DataDog, Kibana, Logstash, etc.)
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience of various data systems (SQL Database Management & Non-Relational such as Mongo)
- Experience of managing Video streaming systems would be an advantage.
- Strong commercial experience in an agile and collaborative development environment
Education and Certifications
BS in Computer Science Preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity please contact Myles McKeown at Cpl on 02890725633 or to apply please just use the link provided.