My client is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join a talented team of system engineers tasked with building and delivering Enterprise ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) solutions for a large enterprise. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on integrating, building, testing and deploying using DevOps practices our large ALM platforms to modern Cloud platforms.
The Expertise Were Looking for:
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Public cloud computing technical certification (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Networking including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure), load balancing, routing, LDAP
- Linux Administration including Bash scripting
- Experience with deploying and maintaining high traffic infrastructure (performance testing is a plus).
- Demonstrating fluency in at least one programming language such as Python, Groovy etc.
- Experience developing or deploying Docker Containers on Kubernetes (EKS)
- Experience with SQL using RDS-PostgresSQL or other DBMS
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as ELK, Splunk, Datadog
- Familiarity with JFrog Artifact Management platform
- Strong understanding of coding patterns and best practices
- Strong Focus on resiliency & reliability
The Skills You Bring:
- You have data center migration experience involving new environment build outs, DNS / Big IP changes, application deployments, monitor implementations, setup monitoring systems etc.
- You are familiar with production environment support policies - change management, incident management, problem management
- You are familiar with availability management, infrastructure planning, disaster recovery environment configurations.
- You have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- You have excellent communication skills
- You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly with colleagues on shared items of work and communicating effectively
- Someone who is passionate about their craft and has an interest and flexibility to learn and develop using the latest technologies and frameworks
- You can act independently under general direction.
The Value You Deliver:
Work with a cross-functional team to understand project objectives, use cases and systems design requirements.
Development of creative and innovative technical solutions.
May determine and develop approaches to solutions.
Report status, identify issues/risks and provide alternative plans for recovery.
Mentoring of junior team members.
Help to refine development standards for team