Polymer Manufacturing Engineer (Extrusion)
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of a performing complex technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines in extrusion processes. Strong Problem Solving, Lean and Continuous Improvement knowledge and experience. Take a lead role in developing and implementing improvements in production.
- Leads complex projects with cross functional team.
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues / practices, consistently striving for improvement by analyzing, developing and implementing extrusion manufacturing techniques and polymer materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Completes technically challenging tasks and identifies appropriate resources when applicable.
- Uses established problem-solving techniques to address challenging problems in production.
- Can compile and report KPI metrics for management review.
- Can effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Generates ECOs, protocols and prototypes under minimum direction.
- May supervise the work of others.
- Ensures all products and processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Educational experience of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (with polymer related subjects) and experience in extrusion technologies, a Master's Degree with three years previous related experience, or a Ph.D. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Knowledge of extrusion and chemical processing is an advantage.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
For an immediate interview please forward a copy of your CV using the link provided
Or call Niamh Hlubek on 091 507542 for a confidential conversation
Visit www.cpl.ie for more engineering jobs