Our client has an opportunity within their payroll department providing payroll services to approximately 3,000 staff across 6 locations.
Role and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction and guidance of the Payroll Team Lead, the Payroll Officer will be responsible for:
• Accurate and timely processing of the payroll.
• Accurately calculate and process all Payroll related amendments.
• Assess and meet payroll deadlines.
• Ensure all deadlines relating to the authorisation of Time and Attendance clock cards by Line Managers are adhered to.
• Review of all hours from the Time and Attendance system for accuracy.
• Respond to and resolve employee salary queries with efficiency and professionalism.
• Transfer Salaries to bank via Banking Software adhering to strict deadlines.
• Complete all salary/mortgage forms within the agreed time frames of the Department.
• Administer the payment of all Health Insurance and all other voluntary deductions.
• Liaise with Senior Payroll officer in ensuring that you are fully trained up in all areas of the payroll department.
• Meet with new hires during their induction week to provide payroll information and assist in any queries.
• Evaluate payroll processes and procedures for continuous improvement.
• Display a strong customer service ethos and ensure high quality standards are met.
• IPASS qualification
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Strong IT Skills -particularly Excel
• Experience with Megapay an advantage
• Time management experience is an advantage
• 3+ years relevant experience in processing high volume payroll
• Experience in Healthcare or SSC environment