The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for providing a comprehensive administration and support service for a range of activities within the Payroll team.
The Payroll Administrator will report to the Manager (or nominee) of the Payroll team and will liaise closely with other Finance Office teams, the Human Resources Office, other colleagues
- The post holder will have responsibility for collating all appropriate information for various payment runs, as well as the processing and posting of the information to the payroll system, and the balancing of all entries prior to final payment into the employee’s individual bank account.
- Filing payroll submissions and returns on ROS.
- Assisting with paying deducted amounts due to third parties on a monthly basis, and the balancing of all voluntary deduction schemes.
- Provide payroll cost reports to Budget Holders and external bodies as required.
- Assist the payroll team in responding to Internal and External Auditor queries.
- Completion of Social Welfare query forms regarding PRSI, Earnings, and Maternity etc.
- Liaising with the Human Resources Office and Business Units on all payroll issues.
- Working with the Payroll team to respond to staff payroll queries.
- Assist with the development of systems and procedures within the Payroll team.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail to ensure smooth processing of all paper work received and proper archiving of all documentation.
- The undertaking of any such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidates must hold either an IPASS Certificate in Payroll Technique (CPT) and have at least 12 months relevant experience in a computerised office environment, or have at least 3 years’ experience in a large multi-entity payroll function.
- Good communication, administrative skills and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications are essential.
- Knowledge of the Core Pay system would be an advantage.
Candidates should also have a basic understanding of accounting procedures.
Confidentiality and discretion of a very high level is expected. Candidates must be
dependable, willing to work in a team environment, good with computations, accurate and capable of working to strict deadlines.