Part Qualified Accountant
Cpl are sourcing for a Part Qualified Accountant on behalf of a prestigious Belfast City Centre based organisation who have operated for over 100 years in the city.
Working in an iconic setting, the Part Qualified Accountant will be tasked with supporting the finance function whilst ensuring the accurate maintenance of financial records and adherence to proper financial procedures.
This role will suit a self-motivated candidate with a strong analytical skills and a flair for people management. You will get the opportunity to develop your career while exposed to a variety of accounting activities within Financial & Management reporting.
Responsibilities will include
- Management of the purchase ledger, sales ledger, weekly payroll and petty cash process ensuring accuracy of coding, recording and ensuring prompt payments and receipts.
- Preparation and posting of prepayments, general accruals and other relevant journal entries such as sponsorship, deferred income, depreciation, stock and interest receivable.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring all supporting documentation is retained in the monthly management accounts file.
- Review of month end purchase order accruals, ensuring expenditure is appropriately recorded in the correct period.
- Review and processing of monthly payment runs prepared by the Finance Assistant, including review of supplier statement reconciliations, ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Responsibility for credit control, chasing outstanding debtors as required.
- Review of Hospitality and Box Office cashsheets, ensuring all transactions are posted correctly and in a timely manner.
- Timely reporting of monthly financial information to the Finance Manager in accordance with the month end close process reporting timetable.
- Reconcile VAT on a monthly basis and prepare quarterly VAT returns for review and submission by the Finance Manager.
- Review and payment of weekly wages prepared by the Payroll Clerk in accordance with statutory requirements and processing of associated HMRC returns, including weekly RTI returns
- Management of two junior Finance staff.
- The ideal candidate will have previous similar experience accounting experience, focusing on processes associated with a dynamic construction and property business.
- Minimum part-qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/ACMA
This role will offer a very competitive benefits package in order to attract a high calibre candidate and ongoing professional development opportunities.
For more information on this role click on “apply now” and send your CV. If you are not interested in this role but are looking for a role within Accountancy & Finance please contact Darrach Teague on 02890725622 for a confidential discussion.