Occupational Therapy Manager - Mental Health Service
We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapy Manager on behalf of a leading mental health service in South Dublin.
Our client is a leading provider of services to patients with dementia, neuropsychiatric presentations, enduring mental health conditions and emerging physical disabilities in a residential setting.
There is also a specialised rehabilitation unit providing in-patient services to adults with continuing complex mental healthcare needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to provide strategic and operational leadership of Occupational Therapy Services and its staff in a growing an ambitious service. The successful candidate will also carry a caseload.
Duties of the role include:
- Be an active member of the Clinical Governance Committee and to assist in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans for the organisation.
- Ensure that the highest standard of clinical care in Occupational Therapy is planned, delivered and evaluated and that all targets and objectives are met in line with national and local standards and within a legally compliant framework. The Occupational Therapy Manager role will include the management of a caseload to support residents with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs.
- Responsibility for the provision of efficient, effective and economic provision of a person centred Occupational Therapy Service for all patients and residents within a defined budgetary framework.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteer activities.
- Provision of teaching, research and academic support at a senior level as developed at associated educational facilities, e.g. Trinity College Dublin.
- Provision of effective leadership and people management of direct reports within the Occupational Therapy Dept. in accordance with services policies, performance management, training and health & safety structures
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Have a total of five years post qualification experience in areas which include General Adult Psychiatry/ Neuropsychiatry/Mental Health Rehabilitation/Psychiatry of Old Age.
- Ideally have a management level or position of additional responsibility to their clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a level of clinical care required by this post according to the standards and requirements set by statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Be able to illustrate a high level of verbal and non-verbal skills in order to effectively communicate with and relate to residents and / or parents / family, colleagues, hospital staff and management.
- Have the skills required for educational training to students of occupational therapy.
Demonstrate an ability to lead change and to develop occupational therapy services.
For a job description and further information, please email your c.v. email@example.com or call Brian on 01 482 5252