Job Title: O2C Accountant
Responsible to: O2C Analysis & Reporting Team Leader
Responsible for day to day analysis and reporting activities culminating in the month and quarter end financial close.
Managing Pfizer’s Business risk by evaluating, recommending and supporting Business Finance and Credit & Risk team handling of credit management activities (e.g. reviewing bad debt, write-offs, month end reporting).
Manage potential P&L exposure and AR associates to achieve individual and team targets and report and communicate activities for the regional team to GFS and in-country management.
Candidates should have a strong accounting background (qualified preferred or part qualified essential). Accounts Receivable experience is required.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Balance sheet analytics
- Working capital opportunities analysis and commentary
- Performing Period End Activities
- Act as deputy to the Team Leader when required
- Assist AR Team Leader to ensure compliance and controls are adhered to and captured for Audit review
- Assist AR Team Leader in debtors reporting on monthly basis for internal and external (market) communication
- Monitor AR policies and procedures, and resolve functional issues
- Work with the AR Team Lead to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions through liaison with the in-country management
- Support and develop continuous training programmes for AR Analysts and Associates
- Support of the Global Credit Strategy.
Skills and Experience Required:
- An accountancy background is preferred with candidates being qualified preferred or part qualified essential.
- Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Accounts Receivable is desirable
- JDE E1 experience preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred but not essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Strong team working, relationship building and listening skills
- Proactive and decisive problem solver
- Performance driven. Seeks and acts on results
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- Organising and prioritising own work and time to maximise productivity and results
Candidates must be currently living in Ireland, and must have either an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa to be considered for this role.