Papworth Hospital is one of the largest specialist cardio thoracic (heart and lung) hospitals in Europe and includes the country’s main heart and lung transplant centre, performing approximately 5 transplants per week.
Located in Cambridgeshire in the East of England, the hospital sees patients for the diagnosis and treatment of cardio thoracic disease. It is also a national centre for a range of specialist services, including pulmonary endarterectomy (PEA)/ CF & has one of the largest sleep labs in the UK.
A new Papworth Hospital is currently being built on the grounds of the hospital, with a 310 bed capacity and virtually 100% single rooms. In addition, there is the Heart and Lung Research Institute (HLRI), together with the University of Cambridge, on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus (CBC).
Papworth Everard is a village in Cambridgeshire, England. It lies ten miles west of Cambridge and six miles south of Huntingdon, Today, Papworth Everard is a large village with a thriving community, home to substantial light industry and local business.
Vacancies exist in:
- Critical care (new graduates will be considered)
- Cath labs
- Cardiac surgery wards including transplant & cardiology wards
- Respiratory wards including respiratory sleep, support & Cystic fibrosis
- Private patients wards
- Day wards
- Out patients department
- £500 for relocation on production of receipts
- Band 4 pay while awaiting PIN
- Competency enhanced pay progression
- Affordable accommodation – single person only shared accommodation ranging from £285 – 400 per month
Skype interviews take place monthly, and we will also be interviewing in Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece over the next few months.