NPI Quality Engineer job opportunity available with my client in Co. Leitrim. This role is available with a Medical Device manufacturer who are currently in an expansion programme.
- Leading Projects and Project teams to ensure Project Goals are met especially on time delivery, quality requirements and cost targets are achieved.
- Planning, implementing and co-ordination of New Product Introductions to include: product design, product specifications, process validations identification of training needs, process & equipment lay-out, production procedures, material specifications, material & packaging procurement in accordance with Procedures and Regulatory standards.
- Sourcing and implementing tooling, equipment and technologies, as required to implement the manufacture of new and existing production. Co-ordinating the supply of extrusions, if required, with the Extrusion department including agreeing specifications of tubing, resins and quality requirements.
- Ensuring effective and comprehensive customer communication throughout the duration of the project.
- Planning and co-ordination to ensure that the necessary testing, evaluation & control of equipment measures are in place to monitor & support product quality in accordance with Procedures and Regulatory standards.
- Planning and co-ordinating New Product Design to include Design Inputs, Design Outputs, Design Verification and Design Validation including, where necessary, Clinical trials, Technical Files, Technical Reports and Design history Files in accordance with procedures and Regulatory Standards.
- Development of Manufacturing Process in conjunction with New Product Introduction Team including, as required, training of technicians, process operators and other staff.
- Planning and implementing manufacturing cell lay-outs, work station design and material handling to ensure efficient manufacturing to meet product cost targets, efficiency targets and quality targets.
- Leading Project management teams to ensure on-time task completion, effective team work, good motivation and effective communication.
- Especially in the area of New Products but also existing products, participation in areas such as Customer Complaints, CAPA’s, etc., either as responsible for timely closure or providing technical support.
- Completing any tasks within the project scope including validations, testing, product design and so forth.
- Supporting the business acquisition process by way of completing quotations for piece part prices, equipment and other project costs. Providing technical support and customer communication as required.
- Completing other tasks as assigned.
- Third level engineering qualification in Polymer, Biomedical, Mechanical, Design; Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Science / Technology / Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent)
- Ideally 2-3 years’ experience in new product introduction, manufacturing, quality or process engineering, preferably in catheter manufacturing.
- Experience in Project Management regarding new product introduction, preferably in a Medical Device environment.
- Preferably highly competent in manufacturing processes used for manufacturing catheters etc, including extrusion, moulding, balloon forming, braiding, packaging and other assembly techniques.
For an immediate interview please forward a copy of your CV using the link provided
Or call Fiona Rattigan on 091 507515 for a confidential conversation
Visit www.cpl.ie for more Quality Engineer jobs