.Net Sotware Developer Galway
My client is seeking a .Net Developer to join their growing team.
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of our client’s payment solutions & projects. Prioritize and delivery of all tasks assigned. Taking ownership of all work items and issues- end to end and proactive follow up.
- Work closely with the Project Manager on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Proactively working with the Project Manager to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high quality with adequate error checking and testing. Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes- providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required. Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
- Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues. Communicate at all times with all parties involved with regard to status of issues etc. If issue can’t be resolved and to escalate to the next escalation contact.
- Follow of our client’s best practices and adhere to coding standards at all times.
- Work closely with Business and IT teams to understand requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies or development tools.
- Train new and junior team members in product development and methodology.
- Participate fully in the Company’s Performance Management Process
- Must have 2+ year experience working in an IT development environment
- Must have experience designing and implementing complex high-availability systems
- Must have hands on experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM)
- Message queuing experience using either JMS or MSMQ (or equivalent)
- Must have experience developing unit tests
- Must have proven experience creating solid designs using OO techniques and documenting the same
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required.
Skills & Key Competencies
- Must be a quick learner and natural developer who can “hit the ground running” and pick up new skills and technologies at ease
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment with defined deadlines.
- Must be a good verbal communicator both face to face and over the telephone.
- Must have passion for delivering state of the art applications.
- Must be eager to explore and apply latest technologies available on the market.
- Must have proven problem solving skills.
- Must be able to learn and teach.
- Must be able to participate in formal & informal discussions and translate into systems enhancement opportunities.
Preferred skills/experience, but not essential
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services a big advantage
- Angular JS experience
- WCF experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Profiling
- SOAP UI, Load UI
- Agile development
- Cloud-based development experience (Azure)
- Automated Build/Deployment experience
- Moq or similar mocking framework
- Unity or similar Dependency Injection framework
For more information on this role contact Claire Brady on 091 507 513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org