- Initially growing and mentoring a team will be a priority. Good communication and hands-on teaching skills will be essential. Industry contacts in Ireland will be highly advantageous.
- Actively managing and leading a team of reports, shaping a culture of excellence and on-time delivery.
- Technical leadership in digital design with experience introducing multiple devices to the market.
- Perform RTL coding in Verilog and System Verilog.
- Write Verification test benches for analog mixed signal (AMS) systems using behavioral modelling and UVM practices
- Work closely with analog designers to understand system level needs and deliver digital solutions
- Perform digital implementation steps such as LINT, Clock Domain Crossing analysis, Synthesis, Power Estimation, Logical Equivalence Checks, Static Timing Analysis, back annotated gate level simulation
- Direct and review Auto-Place and Route of digital designs
- Direct and review lab evaluation of silicon including design of evaluation hardware, testing methods for the characterization of function and performance.
- Work with production test engineering to support and debug production test issues
- Leading design review of products to ensure quality of results.
- Clearly communicate project status and group needs to senior management
- BSEE + 8 years of relevant work experience (or MSEE + 5 year).
- Be able to demonstrate leadership or key roles in multiple integrated power designs that have been introduced to the market.
- Ability to travel globally to collaborate with other Maxim sites (up to 10% of the time).
- Proficiency with Cadence analog design environment, including schematic entry, analog and mixed-signal simulation
- Proficiency with other EDA tools targeted to mixed signal or digital design flows
- Automotive-Specific Design Experience with a focus on Quality, Reliability, and Safety (ASIL-D)
- Behavioral modelling of analog circuits and analog mixed signal (AMS) verification techniques
- Exposure to Integrated DC-DC switching power such as Buck, Boost converters.