On behalf of our client, an expanding pharmaceutical organisation in the Midlands, I am recruiting for an Associate Metrologist / Lab Instrumentation Analyst.
This is a permanent opportunity available the Lab Support Team supporting the qualification, maintenance, repairs and calibration of a range of laboratory testing equipment including but not limited to dissolution apparatus, particle counting apparatus, HPLC, UPLC.
- Coordinate and perform calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment per company procedures.
- Coordinate and perform equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Review and update equipment SOP’s.
- Troubleshooting equipment repair.
- Perform work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Coordinate and prioritize project activities with internal functional groups.
Desired education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science or engineering.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 3-5+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- GMP knowledge and understanding of FDA, ICH, and USP guidelines
- Analytical equipment experience is a must - experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus.
- Experience in cell lab equipment is a plus.
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com