- Carry out all medical selection activity within your approved medical underwriting authority limit
- Carry out all medical selection activity within service standards as outlined above
- Apply the medical underwriting philosophy
- Ensure correct tariff calculation is applied to 100% of medical underwriting cases
- Ensure all medical and sensitive documentation is 100% secure and stored in locked cabinets – not on view to general public
Medical subscriptions (above your approved medical underwriting authority limit):
- To ensure subscriptions are prioritized and followed up to ensure they are completed within agreed SLA’s.
- Tadminister subscriptions input and validation following recommendation from medical underwriters.
- To keep management updated on all subscriptions over 500K.
- To ensure constant communication between the medical underwriting team in Dublin, Business Development and medical underwriters as well as our Partners to ensure timely decisions are communicated to the partners following service standards.
- Answer incoming calls related to medical underwriting activity within agreed SLAs to ensure optimal quality customer service.
- Perform Outbound calls to customers and Business Development colleagues in order to ensure the SLA turnaround time is met
- Own your calls activity related to the medical underwriting process
- Report on a daily basis your activity in terms of medical underwriting and call activity
- Maintain an individual internal quality level 100% on a monthly basis
- All medical underwriting to be carried out within SLA to facilitate the branch network credit process – i.e. medical selection completed and response given to the bank and the customer within 48 hours.
- Relationship building is a large part of this role.
Customer Service (when required)
- Answer incoming calls, assess the urgency of the call, appropriately prioritize and escalate if necessary according to established procedures to ensure optimal quality customer service.
- Perform Outbound to customers and Business partners when necessary after Supervisor approval Maintain call accepted rate within SLA
- Ensure calls are answered within SLA
- Ensure timely follow up is completed on all post call administration
- Ensure quality answers are provided to customers and a level of professional response is provided at all times
- Maintain an individual internal quality level > 95% on a monthly basis
- Assess complaints related to the medical underwriting process
- Assist with complaints related to other processes if needed
- Manage process improvement within your role, in terms of tools, systems and access to pricing tools.
- Ensure all customer documentation; letters etc. is compliant with regulation and consumer protection and polite in nature.
- You will be responsible for increasing your medical knowledge which will lead to an increase in your medical underwriting authority limit over time
- Devise a Medical Training plan for colleagues on medical subjects needed for assessment of claims – plan and implement the training plan through the course of the year e.g. Top 10 most common diseases etc.
- Education: Medical background highly desirable
- Skills & Competencies: good understanding of medical terminology, medical pathologies and pharmacology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in life or health insurance
- Customer service oriented – must show a desire to communicate with reinsurers, banks, customers, colleagues on a multisite basis
- Fluency in both Italian and English
Please get in touch to hear more on 01 947 6253 or apply now via link below.
Alternatively send your CV to Meabh.Connor@cpl.ie