On behalf of our client we are recruiting for the role of Medical Laboratory Scientist, to be positioned within Histology. This is a permanent position to be based in South Dublin.
In this role, you will contribute to providing a quality clinical laboratory service tailored to the user needs.
Possess a recognised and AMLS approved third-level Biomedical Science qualification.
Professional and technical responsibilities
- Perform routine work to the highest professional standards, as determined by the Pathology Manager, Senior Laboratory Staff and Consultant.
- Be responsible for the quality of work and carry out all duties in accordance with their policies.
- Observe the strictest confidence when dealing with all aspects of patient or hospital information.
- Participate as required in the registration, custody and stock level of the laboratory reagents and other materials.
- Contribute to the evaluation and validation of equipment, processes and consumables as required.
- Participate in training and retraining as required to maintain competence and ensure records of training are maintained.
- Know and practice within the legal requirements including those set down by The Academy of Medical Laboratory Science and all relevant guidelines including those of INAB.
- Support laboratory management in the maintenance of the Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 15189 standards and JCI standards.
- Report relevant information verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel following hospital and laboratory policies and procedures.
- Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to user requests and enquiries.
Health and Safety
- Comply with hospital and laboratory Health and Safety policies and procedures which includes ensuring equipment is maintained to the required standard and defects are reported to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.
- Review, acknowledge and follow agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice.
- Work in a safe manner with due care and attention to the safety of self and others.
For full details and job spec contact Tina at +353 1 2784671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw is a specialist recruitment company working with the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. We are a division of the CPL group. www.thornshaw.com