Medical Advisor - Oncology/Haematology
Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Citywest Dublin
- The Medical Advisor – Oncology/Haematology will be responsible to develop strategic partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders during the entire lifecycle of oncology products.
- Provision of focused relevant information in response to customer-stated needs in order to maintain a therapeutic leadership position and drive business needs at national level.
- Works cross-functionally with national and international teams to maximize the value of oncology portfolio in country.
- Ensures that all activities are executed in accordance with applicable compliance policies and procedures.
- In this role, the Medical Advisor will report to the Medical Lead for Oncology Ireland.
- Interacts with and develops enduring relationships with key opinion leaders on national level according to Pfizer franchise.
- Spearheads the generation and dissemination of unbiased clinical and scientific information.
- Provides scientific / medical expertise to a therapeutic area or to a given product.
- Dissemination of recent scientific knowledge/data on the Oncology portfolio in approved indications.
- Communication of recent scientific knowledge/data on Oncology portfolio in off-label indications and on Oncology products in development upon request.
- Works and collaborates with medical societies relevant to Oncology.
- Initiates and runs advisory boards, expert and scientific meetings and 1:1 KOL meetings on a local level.
- Delivers quality scientific presentations at internal and external meetings.
- Review and sign-off to ensure compliance of promotional materials and company sponsored activities such as local promotional meetings and events with local SPCs, legislation, IPHA code and company SOPs.
- Contribution to franchise strategy and tactical plan.
- Medical input into assigned brand cross functional team and where necessary into local customer based marketing initiatives.
- Develop and execute a medical strategy and tactical plan on a national level.
- Communicates customer feedback on product development and life-cycle strategies.
- Franchise budget responsibility
- Responsibility for annual planning and continuous monthly monitoring of the medical budget including research projects and national projects.
- Works with Medical Information on customer enquiries.
- Provides medical/ scientific support and training for internal staff or vendors.
Required skills and experience:
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MSc. or PhD), medicine or pharmacy.
- Previous medical affairs experience in the area of Oncology and/or Haematology desirable.
- Knowledge of the Oncology and/or Haematology therapeutic area.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Irish pharmaceutical sector and healthcare environment.
- A good understanding of:
- Process of drug development.
- Clinical research as well as the ability to critically evaluate clinical studies and publications.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Results orientated attitude.
- Ability to form relationships quickly with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively across cross- functional teams.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Independent, self-driven, pro-active and dynamic, you are an engaged and motivated personality willing to improve outcome of Irish cancer patients.