The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and executing creative marketing campaigns. As well as day-today marketing activities, the successful candidate will be expected to work on long term strategies to enhance the company’s brand image and grow print and digital circulation sales. The candidate will need to be driven and comfortable working with tight deadlines and changing needs in a fast paced media environment.
- Develop marketing campaigns which, by design, will contribute to increased circulation sales.
- Co-ordinate weekly promotional activities across email newsletters, radio advertisements, press releases, social media, google display advertising and video marketing.
- Develop and implement a plan of activities e.g. promotion of company successes on social media, company social media pages etc.
- Prepare an annual marketing plan and budget in support of the overall business objectives.
- Generate actionable insights from reader market research across print, online and events.
- Work closely with the events team on our strategic messaging and branding at all events attended.
- Prepare compelling marketing proposals for reader competitions and partnerships.
- Develop a PR strategy to increase the profile of the specialist team. This includes writing press releases, pitching stories, organizing photo calls and creating direct mails to media outlets.
- Manage and maximise the effective use of the sponsorship budget.
- Gain a thorough understanding of our products and differentiators to develop strategies aimed at increasing effective communications and brand awareness.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, offering marketing insights to help plan marketing campaigns
- Create and distribute monthly marketing reports showing how the marketing budget is being used to meet agreed KPIs.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
• 3 years + marketing experience essential
• Third level qualification in marketing or a related discipline
• Digital Marketing skillset
• Strong communication and English skills with a proactive and positive approach to tasks
• Effective team player who is able to also work independently
• MSOffice skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Professional, friendly, confident manner
Salary: 35K – 45K, flexible depending on experience
- Vhi (after 6 months).
- Pension (after 1 calendar year of service). Company contribution 10% of salary.
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) & Life Assurance
- PRSA (personal retirement savings account) facility
- Lunch card credit: €480 per annum (for use in the staff canteen)
- Health programmes: health screening bi-annually, flu vaccine annually, employee assistance programme
- Expenses: business related mileage and expenses will be paid in line with the company’s expenses policy
- Holidays: 21 days + 2 company days. 1 extra holiday after every 4 years’ service, up to a maximum of 26 days.