Our client is a highly successful multinational. It is a very exciting time to join, as they are rapidly expanding through acquisitions in Ireland and across the globe
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a newly created role due to ongoing growth. The Dublin team are responsible for financial reporting for significant operations throughout Ireland. Duties will include:
- Manage the production of weekly and monthly financial information to ensure the business is provided with accurate figures to the agreed timescale.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget for the region in conjunction with the operational management
- Ensure the accurate preparation and posting of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Produce reports to analyse specific areas of business performance such as sales and contract profitability.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators for the business.
- Reconcile the balance sheet.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all functional activities through increasing the effectiveness, efficiency and added value of all functional activities.
- Act as a finance expert to the operational management in the business to ensure that processes and procedures are understood.
- Provide training to operational management as required to raise the level of understanding of the accounting and budgeting processes.
- Interact with the operational management and admin teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Interact with the directors of the business to provide information and respond to requests for assistance.
- Investigate monthly results and variances to budget to understand the causes and provide information to operational managers.
- Generate reports as required and analyse reports/make recommendations on trends and improvements to achieve and enhance Operational Excellence.
- Ongoing focus on process, systems and procedure improvements
- Assist with the input of financial and non-financial information into Business Planning & Consolidation
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Ideally trained in industry
- Experience within a fast paced company an advantage
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - can develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff.
- Strong attention to detail, while having commercial awareness of the bigger picture
- Highly organised
- Strong decision making and solutions focussed
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" approach
- Can work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good IT skills including MS Excel
- Focus on ongoing process improvement
- Please forward your CV or call me on 01-9476383