Maintenance Technician (Night shift) Permanent Role
This role will provide maintenance support to automated, semi-automated and manual equipment in a Class II medical device manufacturing facility.
• Integrate with the Manufacturing team to manage and prioritize assignments ensuring customer demand and production schedules are met.
• Display technical leadership and specialisation by leading improvement initiatives across shifts and functions.
• Adept at gathering and analysing process and operational performance data and leading operational process improvements.
• Electrical and mechanical trouble-shooting of equipment and process issues.
• Cataloguing, methodically and accurately, line performance & down-time issues to aid resolution measures and communicating critical downtime events and leading the resolution processes, including yield improvement.
• Participate in project teams contributing to Engineering, Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement targets.
• Seek and implement opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
• Use Lean Tools as part of daily operations (Standard Work, 5S, etc.) to optimize efficiency and drive the culture of Continuous Improvement and Zero Defects.
• Support Facility and Equipment start up and Validation activities. Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new products into sustaining operations.
• Carrying out any other duties as directed by Manager
The maintenance technician will develop and become a subject matter expert across multiple process technologies.
• Certificate or Diploma in an engineering or science discipline or similar relevant experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar role.
• Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting ability.
• Strong technical report writing ability.
• Experience supporting processes and equipment repair, in the medical device industry.
• PC skills including standard offices packages.
• Clean Area manufacturing
• Working hours:
Tuesday – Friday (12:30am – 9am) & Saturday (9:30pm – 5am)