1. Carry out the execution of the preventative maintenance routines & repair of all production equipment.
2. Troubleshoot equipment related process problems & equipment failures to determine root cause hence instigate repair using the latest lean tools & techniques.
3. Carry out trouble-shooting of electrical / instrument and control and mechanical problems.
4. Assist in the maintenance of the plant utility equipment support the production process (including building, environment & facilities) as requested i.e. purified water systems, AHU’s etc...
5. Execute and update as appropriate the existing preventative maintenance programme, in order to minimise downtime and optimise plant performance. Site uses Infor DataStream at present.
6. Ensure that comprehensive maintenance documentation exists for each equipment item & that it is filed in an organised & legible manner.
7. Develop critical spares list for the equipment & ensure that critical spares are in stock or are readily available at all times. Ensure that an effective programme is then maintained.
8. Ensure that all critical instruments are setup for routine calibrations on site system and that these calibrations are performed on or before the due date.
9. Ensure strict compliance of GmP and SOP procedures during the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and electronic plant and systems associated with producing the finished product.
10. Assist liaise with and/or organise contractors carrying out maintenance / calibration / certification work as required.
11. Investigate EHS incidents, lead RCAs and complete EHS actions as appropriate.
12. Provide input into, and assist in the completion of, PEX (Process Excellence) projects so as to improve automation, reduce lead-time and reduce EHS risks in the department.
13. Reads & interprets hydraulic, electrical & mechanical drawings where appropriate.