As part of the Engineering Team your role is to support manufacturing through the continuous maintenance and improvement of the manufacturing process to achieve operational targets and overall business metrics. This support includes both Production and utilities equipment. You will provide leadership on reliability and continuous improvement initiatives that finds and evaluates better and more efficient ways in maintaining a production facility. The role will require internal collaboration with cross functional teams especially R&D and GE and with outside suppliers to ensure all goals and targets of the maintenance team are achieved.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage maintenance team across shifts to ensure equipment reliability, throughput & yield metrics are achieved in a cost effective way.
- Manage preventive maintenance program to ensure PMs are scheduled and completed on time and that system is kept up to date.
- Manage agreed budgetary Maintenance spend
- Manage spare parts to avoid stock outages while minimizing the value held in stock.
- Manage facilities to ensure all systems are maintained appropriately and are reliable
- Assist local engineering team on engineering projects as required and taking the lead on specific projects
- Support R&D and GE activity as required to ensure their goals can be achieved
- Implement technical training and development plans for current and future needs
- Define maintenance Metrics and report out monthly
- Maintaining best practice initiatives and standards including safety standards
- Ensure that FPY and customer complaints are positively impacted by Maintenance operations
- Management of external contractors including GMP best practices
- Assist Engineering team on engineering projects as required and taking the lead on specific projects
- Continue to develop current production monitoring system (PMON).
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering) or Senior Trade Exams
- Proven track record of people management in a maintenance / technical role
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an innovative mindset essential for this position
- Knowledge of industrial controls, PLC, software, automated equipment
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma