Lead Test Engineer
Based in Nenagh my client is a global provider of financial services technology. Clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers. They are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics to support continued growth.
Currently an opportunity exists for a key hire to join the team. The successful candidate will live and breathe new test methodologies and will be an evangelist for testing throughout the organisation.
Key attributes are as follows :
- Critical understanding of Test Environment Management
- Able to provision, maintain, and deploy applications to environments.
- Provision of test environment setup and maintenance services to large projects and programs, including aspects like Card POS terminals maintenance & deployments
- Very well experienced and conversant with JENKINS, Maven and other deployment /Continuous Integration packages & Software repository tools/environments like GITHub.
- Must have prior experience in deploying medium to large sized applications to an environment.
- Able to provide technical hands on support on critical environment outages or issues. Should be able to function as first line support in looking at resolving common environment issues.
- Experience with booking, scheduling, archiving processes for technical environments.
- Understanding of Cloud AWS and preferably have experience setting up AWS environments
- Technical skills in Data center Build and Migration, AIX, RedHat Linux, Solaris, VMware version 6, Vcenter VSphere, Windows.
- Has an appreciation of Service Virtualization technologies like CA DevTest or Parasoft Virtualize.
- Understanding of DB technologies, primarily Oracle or SQL Server, with expertise in working with tools like OEM and AWR
- Very good technical co-ordination skills and extremely good communication/stakeholder management skills.
- Has prior expertise in managing high-severity incidents to ensure service availability with minimal delay and impact towards ensuring smooth operations of business environment
Personal attributes (Environment Lead): These are critical
- Minimum experience 8-10 years in Software Environment Setup, Deployments & Management
- Excellent and careful attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as are strong stakeholder management skills.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- A proven track record in software testing. Experience in UK Cards and Payments will be an added bonus
- Good knowledge of environment provisioning processes (including waterfall and agile methodologies).
- ITIL Knowledge will be an added bonus.
- Able to organise, manage and prioritise own workload
To apply for this role please use the link provided or for more information please contact Myles McKeown on 07393014990.