Laboratory Analyst ASL EMA
Laboratory Analyst ASL EMA role available for my client in Co Mayo.
Perform basic testing of raw materials, in process products and finished goods at a high level of throughput using the required methodology according to quality guidelines, with supervision.
- Ability to perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology on a range of matrices.
- Demonstrate analytical chemistry, knowledge of qualitative and quotative chemical analysis or basic microbiology.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
- Understands theory and application of instrumental analysis to analyses ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances. Ability to leverage Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) for data collection, review and release.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) laboratory and analytical instrumentation including instrumental theory, operation, maintenance and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments, LIMS and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Ability to use all common software applications to support functions including creating spreadsheets, quality documents, LIMS.
- Familiarity with accessing and loading information from databases for example SAP, documentation management systems, Share Point.
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required analytical methodology according to quality guidelines.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance and calibration).
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentations, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes.
- Applies standard approach to record and interpret results, may report issues with peer review.
- Interpret data from routine analyses in order to validate that materials meet specifications
- Engage in daily contact with key laboratory personnel e.g. Laboratory Manager, other team members, understand Laboratory workload, priorities and other pertinent information
- Communicate with relevant other stakeholders such as R&D, Business Unit (BU), and other Technical Functions, and vendors/suppliers, providing information on testing, results and other facts.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required.
- Suggests innovative approaches to improve lab workflow, methods or other lab processes to management.
- Problem solving situations, general and routine.
- Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Chemistry with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements
- 2 years relevant experience in a laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry is essential.
- Analytical testing techniques desirable
- Experience in Beverage technology and flavor chemistry is desirable
- Experience in QSE management systems is desirable.
- Experience of trouble shooting is desirable.
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a global virtual team with many nationalities and a significant time difference in time zones across the team.
Forward your CV using the link provided for an immediate interview
Or call Brenda Flannery on 091 507521 for a confidential conversation
Visit www.cpl.ie for more Science Roles