- To provide first point of call support for all Information Technology and Telecoms requests for service.
- To provide immediate remedial action where possible. To act as liaison between support requestor and Senior IT support when issue cannot be immediately resolved.
- Provide general IT support and maintenance to internal and external staff.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Answer all incoming phone calls helping external and internal staff with faults.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Writing procedural documentation.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users, accounts and profiles and dealing with password related issues.
- Prioritising and managing many open issues at one time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals (e.g. multiple Department Supervisors).
- Keep abreast of new technology to ensure we are utilising the best methods for our staff.
- Full participation in the on call rota when required that works on a 24/7 basis.
- To ensure that all regulatory guidelines are adhered to, for example PCI.
- Previous experience of working in a 1st line support environment Min. 1 year
- Proven knowledge of the following packages.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 R2.
- Active Directory user administration.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional.
- Microsoft Windows 10.
- Active Directory.
- Experience of Avaya Telephony systems.
- Knowledge, exposure and/or competence with Exchange Management Console, Group Policy Management Console, DHCP, and/or LANDesk, would be highly advantageous.