We are looking for an experienced IT Service Delivery Manager to join our IT team to oversee a number of key functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate would be responsible for day-to-day service operations, supporting resolution activities for service requests, incidents and major incidents for infrastructure services, applications and the desktop computing environment across our global user base in line with the agreed service levels agreements.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable stakeholder and customer relationship management experience and will support the demand pipeline technology stakeholders, as well as working with internal teams to define and improve relevant SLAs. Preferably, you will have experience of service transition within a project environment and be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is a broad, highly interesting, challenging and diverse role requiring the successful candidate to work with a range of technologies, IT stakeholders and external service providers to ensure the continuous delivery of high quality IT services to Our internal customers.
Q. Maintain high performing service support functions including infrastructure, applications, IT Service Desk, desktop support and VIP Support
Q. Owner of the Incident, Service Request and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
Q. As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
Q. Deliver excellent Presentation and Audio Visual support, ensure meeting room technology is maintained to high standards and routinely checked to ensure high levels of availability
Q. Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
Q. Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
Q. Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
Q. Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
Q. Represent Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
Q. Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
Q. Manage the desktop computing environment to ensure that laptops and other access devices are built and maintained to high standards of performance and security
JOB REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, IT related discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Service Management or Support with strong track record of managing IT services in outsourced environments in a hands-on customer facing role
- Hold an ITIL v3/v4 Foundation certification in Service Management
- In-depth knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes Incident / Problem / Change etc.
- Strong project management skills
- Significant experience of Stakeholder and Customer Relationship
- Familiarity with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, GDPR and the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOx) is highly desirable.
- Supplier and Vendor Management Experience
- ITIL certified
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure disciplines including Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, network technologies (LAN & WAN), Datacentre / storage area networks.
- Cloud certification and/or experience with Cloud technologies highly beneficial
- Experience of working with multiple parties including senior business stakeholders and third party vendors on delivering high profile, high visibility projects
- Ability to make an impact and have credibility in interactions across business groups
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritise key activities
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English
- Problem Solving / Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication & Presentations Skills (Oral & Written)
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented, strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Flexible and self-starting with an exceptional aptitude for dealing with ambiguity, unexpected emergencies, frequent interruptions, and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated skill at identifying and providing potential resolutions to complex problems
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity: develops knowledge base and skill set beyond that called for by immediate tasks; pushes the ‘knowledge envelope’; evaluates results of own work and that of others critically vs. purely focusing on production; continuously questions processes and / or methods and seeks opportunities for improvement; thoughtfully challenges conventional wisdom