International Customer Service Team Lead
My client, a Galway based Medical Device, shared service operation, seeks to hire an International Customer Service Team Lead on a permanent basis. The Customer Services team leader will be responsible to manage, empower and motivate a team of International Customer Services Specialists with particular responsibility for ensuring Trading norms and committed shipping dates are applied and managed appropriately. This role in particular will be directly responsible to lead and influence change within the team - with continued focus on process improvement, revenue optimisation, activity realignment and multiple approaches to fulfilment.
- The Team leader will support the CS manager in the day to day running of the Customer service function.
- One to one meetings with each of the team members to ensure process alignment, personal development and performance are tracked and monitored.
- Responsible for the Performance management of the team, ensuring that the company goals and performance management process is maintained and that team members receive relevant and timely feedback on an on-going basis
- Measure, monitor and report on established Customer service KPI’s ensuring that they are met on an on-going basis.
- Metric alignment - Fully understand how the activities and processes within the International CS function link to overall Tier Metrics and Organisation metrics. Ensure that effective dashboards are created to monitor performance tracking.
- Responsible for optimising revenue each month and Quarter end in collaboration with commercial team.
- Understanding, planning and co-ordinating the CS actions necessary to influence team on what they need to do to support the achievement of revenue.
- Minimising “at risk “orders, escalating potential issues in a timely manner. Cross functional collaboration to eliminate potential issues to minimise customer and revenue impact.
- Building relations with the managers, commercial and key accounts via regular meetings.
- Organising the workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard.
- Continuously reviewing opportunities to streamline processes and implement Process, IT or system changes that will drive efficiencies and improve our customers experience.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Trainer/Customer Service seniors in facilitating the induction and training of all team members, ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered and measured.
- Review compliments and complaints on a weekly basis and implement corrective actions to measurably improve the customer’s experience.
- Ensure training policy, procedures and activities support successful audits. Keep appropriate records of all training activities and ensure such records meet and exceed any audit requirements/standards.
- Process and Compliance – ensuring that the CS teams are fully trained up and aligned on all processes, procedures and Work Instructions, while ensuring that all processes are optimised across teams, compliant and audit ready. Partner with the QA/RA function to ensure adherence to the Quality Management System.
- Collaborate and share best practice with other team leads in Galway and US Shared Services Centre ensuring consistent and up to date knowledge of all business processes.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing customer service teams desirable
- Solid understanding of and experience in International trade, export process and logistics
- Demonstrated understanding of working with a Quality system, Standard Operating Procedures and Capa/QI’s in a compliant organisation.
- Understanding the drop ship model for delivering goods Internationally
- Experience in tender preparation and submission
- Demonstrated success in managing and coordinating a multi-skilled team in performance and productivity
- Previous experience in process solutions, performance management or project management is desirable.
- Proven track record in delivering KPI’s in a changing environment
- SAP ERP experience essential
- CRM experience desirable
- Experience delivering change initiatives and facilitating change in a customer focused organisation
- A proven record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated experience of working in a changing environment with ambiguous or changing requirements
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
- Strong record of developing and implementing procedures
- Positive attitude and team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm
- An insatiable appetite to do things better – demonstrated ability that you go beyond your core role to improve and create lasting solutions.
For more information, please forward CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.