INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
My client, a west of Ireland based Medical Device business seeks to hire a new International Accounting Manager. This role has come about due to an internal promotion. You will be responsible for a finance team of 20 experience members of staff. This role will sit within an international manufacturing and distribution site which is also transitioning to become the EMEA Shared Service Headquarters. This role will suit someone with 7 years + experience managing teams within AP, AR, and General Ledger. This is a permanent role, reporting to corporate in the USA and is ideal for someone looking to make the jump to their next long-term role.
- Responsibility for overseeing the European general accounting department, ensuring period and year-end close duties are performed within deadlines.
- Key relationship role with Group external auditors and tax advisors ensuring sign off on year-end Financial Statements and tax computations and managing matters related to the external audit process.
- Manage, lead and develop accounting team, empowering them to progress in their work and to expand their capabilities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Management of local GAAP secondary ledgers for statutory reporting purposes for European legal entities.
- Responsible for liaising with Internal Audit, ensuring that appropriate policies, procedures, systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance
- Other ad-hoc reporting, analysis and task as needed and assigned to support company objectives.
- Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Big 4 / Top 10 Audit Trained– Desirable
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience gained within a multi-national company who produces and distributes tangible products.
- Prior people management experience is essential.
- USGAAP, Group Reporting, Multiple Entitles, Statutory Audit experience – All Essential
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high performing teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Strong delegation skills and ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a management team, demonstrating good organizational and analytical skills.
- Experienced in European accounting regulations and procedures.
- Excellent IT skills, Oracle experience advantageous.
For more information, please contact email@example.com