This role will report to the Risk and Audit Committee with a reporting line to the Company Secretary and General Counsel and will manage an efficient and effective Internal Audit function.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Maintain a best-in-class Internal Audit function that provides an efficient, effective and value-adding Internal Audit service
- Including consultancy support, corporate governance advisory, value for money auditing and resource development.
- Utilise Lean practices and available technologies to ensure the Internal Audit processes are operating efficiently, effectively and in line with the International Standards
- Development of the Internal Audit Plan to address key risks areas within the company.
- Responsible for co-ordination with co-sourced Internal Audit providers to ensure the timely implementation of this plan and regular monitoring .
- Identify changes in risks, processes etc. throughout the year that may require amendments to the Internal Audit Plan and develop audits
- Manage the Risk and Audit Committee reporting process.
- Communicate with the Committee on a regular basis summarising audit work performed, key risk areas, issues of significant priority as well as progress regarding the implementation of issues previously reported. M
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team, Management, Chief Risk Officer, co-sourced Internal Auditors, External Auditors and Consultants to ensure that the risks to the Business are effectively identified and managed.
- Develop the Internal Audit team members to ensure appropriate knowledge of the Business and technical expertise regarding the Internal Auditing Standards
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s).
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Level 8 Degree and / or Masters in Business or related discipline;
- Qualified Accountant;
- Professional Internal Auditing qualification;
- 5 years’ post qualification experience;
- Previous experience managing an Internal Audit function;
- Strong IT skills including use of TeamMate system & Oracle;
- Working knowledge of Lean practices including 5s and visual management;
- Experience in understanding general regulatory and governance requirements placed on semi-state companies is a distinct advantage.
For more information on this role please contact Karl Murray - firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 087-8515437