Internal Application Support Analyst
Join a new team charged with the implementation and support of Trading Systems providing Level 2 application support. This is a high profile business facing role that works with the core technologies that make my client the leader in the electronic trading business.
You will be joining a highly adaptable and self-motivated team of employees, and the rewards of your hard work, initiative and innovation will be internal and interdepartmental growth opportunities.
You will be troubleshooting distributed applications and be focused on day-to-day implementation and support of my client's trading systems.
Equally, you will provide clear and concise documentation and focus on a continual basis on further automation utilising the many tools and utilities available in that space. You will maintain and develop internal customer relationships, and take system design direction from senior engineers and senior development staff.
The environment being naturally a dynamic one, you will need to be flexible in terms of working hours and some weekend work will be required - However there is a £3k on call allowance as compensation.
What you'll need
You will focus on production implementation and support based on standard practices and documentation.
You should know the processes, commands and configuration files required for implementation and support.
- Some experience with SQL language and Databases a major plus
- Some experience with C, C++, or Java is a major plus.
- Working knowledge of basic network tools (ssh, sftp, scp, snoop, traceroute, etc)
- Must have a power user knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating System
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, peers, subordinates and customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as documentation skills, to include solid experience in deploying software and writing functional procedures
- Proven record of internal customer support
- Creation of documentation, both internal and external facing.
Why this role?
Dynamic environment with initiative and innovation solutions. There will be internal and interdepartmental growth opportunities.
For more information on this Internal Application Support Analyst opportunity contact James Goodman on 028 9072 5634 or click apply now. My client are looking to hire ASAP.