Our Dublin South based client provides world-class online educational and training programmes in the medical industry through an innovative model and they are now looking for an Instructional Designer to join their teams.
The successful candidate is learner-centric with very good knowledge of instructional design theories and their application to online course development. Partnering with subject matter experts, the Instructional Designer can leverage new and innovative instructional strategies to create engaging online courses and supporting materials appropriate for medical professionals.
- Collaborate with the team members to design online courses, content and applying learning principles to create the best learning experiences for health care professionals.
- Develop instructional content including course outlines, storyboards, video scripts and audio scripts
- Apply different approaches to present both clinical and non-clinical content, case-based learning and experiential learning.
- Design instructional content for both mobile and desktop learners ensuring their learning experience remains instructionally sound over a range of devices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Education or verifiable equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing and developing eLearning courses.
- Experience with eLearning tools such as Articulate Rise, Storyline, Camtasia and/or Captivate, and learning management systems such as Canvas and/or Moodle.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with strong organisation and time-management skills.
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Experience in developing medical courses a plus
- Appreciation for usability and experience design