This is an exciting opportunity to join Pfizer Ireland’s city centre site. Both Global Financial Solutions (GFS) & The Pfizer Treasury Centre are located in Ringsend, in Dublin City. The GFS handles all financial services for Pfizer in Europe, while the treasury in Dublin is Pfizer's global treasury centre for areas outside the US.
This role is an internal VAT compliance and consulting role working as part of a large team of internal VAT colleagues within the European Shared Services Centre for Pfizer.
- Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report directly to you.
- Ensure regular 1 to 1 meetings take place (document relevant matters to VAT Leadership)
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Objectives Plan.
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Development Plan.
- Complete mid-year and end of year reviews in an appropriate timeframe (based on guidance from the Indirect Tax Manager and HR).
- Act as a mentor in assisting and developing the VAT knowledge and expertise of the VAT Analyst
- Assist and engage the Analyst in new and relevant local and international VAT updates.
- Provide training to the GFS VAT team and GFS Europe teams, including market colleagues;
- Manage timesheets process for contracted staff, where applicable.
- Assist in interview process of new recruits, when requested.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and approving all compliance work (VAT returns, EC Sales lists, intrastat, annual returns, Withholding returns, and any other ad hoc returns where applicable) of the Indirect Tax Analyst.
- Ensure the VAT Analyst makes all payments in a timely manner.
- Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each month
- Oversee the Tax process to identify follow- up and resolve any errors or exceptions.
- Follow up on outstanding repayments/refund applications in a timely manner.
- Provide comment/suggestions on process/system efficiencies that might be adopted to improve the processes in GFS VAT.
- Involvement and initiation of projects on above process/system efficiencies.
- Manage the resolution of items assigned to you on the Issue Resolution Log.
- Elevate to VAT Leadership issues/errors of a systemic or financially material nature.
- Manage errors and exceptions to minimize the impact on financial results and avoid non compliance penalties with Tax Authorities.
- Ensure all Tax Audits/Queries are registered and filed in the share drive under the appropriate folder and using the appropriate naming convention.
- Manage all Tax Audits/Queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring that, where appropriate, local Tax expertise is consulted.
- Provide audit support to the Pfizer business units when requested.
- Provide Pfizer business units, GFS departments and GFS VAT colleagues with accurate and practical VAT advice , as and when required, across the above mentioned countries;
- Support the Global VAT Director in terms of any initiatives and requests.
- Develop Market relationships by providing accurate and relevant VAT advice thereby centralising consultancy across GFS Europe.
- Oversee new VAT registrations and provide advice in respect of new business set ups; ensure the SAP/Oracle team are aware of the changes as soon as you are notified of the request for a new VAT registration.
- Ensure all relevant VAT changes affecting your territories are considered in terms of system impact (e,g, Oracle/SAP, SAP/VAT TRAC/VAT Cockpit) and that the information is communicated and documented to the appropriate contact for update.
- Ensure all ad hoc reporting and information tools are available as required by GFS Indirect Tax or the markets (e.g. Tax audits).
- Demonstrate an adaptability and openness to change, whether it be in objectives, roles, procedures. Demonstrate flexibility in working roles, to allow assistance to other colleagues in busy periods, by proactively making themselves available to support others
- Minimum 3-5 years VAT experience
- A recognized professional tax qualification (eg, AITI, AIIT) and/or significant post qualified experience an advantage
- Experience in a Big 4 Indirect tax practice or a multinational commercial organisation and/or Specialist experience in Indirect Tax
- Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed VAT legislation to provide detailed advice to management on specific transactions
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Candidates must be currently living in Ireland and must hold either an EU passport or Satmp 4 visa to apply.