Indirect Tax Specialist
Location: Ringsend, Dublin 4
Cpl are working with a Global Pharmaceutical Company to recruit for an Indirect Tax Specialist based at thier South Dublin site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the biggest Pharmaceutical companies in Dublin City. This site handles all financial services for our client in Europe.
This role is an internal VAT compliance and consulting role working as part of a large team of internal VAT colleagues within the European Shared Services Centre for our client.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report directly to you.
- Ensure regular 1 to 1 meetings take place (document relevant matters to VAT Leadership)
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Objectives Plan.
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Development Plan.
- Complete mid-year and end of year reviews in an appropriate timeframe (based on guidance from the Indirect Tax Manager and HR).
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and approving all compliance work (VAT returns, EC Sales lists, intrastat, annual returns, Withholding returns, and any other ad hoc returns where applicable) of the Indirect Tax Analyst.
- Ensure the VAT Analyst makes all payments in a timely manner.
- Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each month
- Provide Pfizer business units, departments and VAT colleagues with accurate and practical VAT advice , as and when required, across the above mentioned countries;
- Support the Global VAT Director in terms of any initiatives and requests
- Minimum 3-5 years VAT experience
- A recognized professional tax qualification (eg, AITI, AIIT) and/or significant post qualified experience an advantage
- Experience in a Big 4 Indirect tax practice or a multinational commercial organisation and/or Specialist experience in Indirect Tax an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed VAT legislation to provide detailed advice to management on specific transactions
Pfizer Global Business Services is passionate about building a diverse work environment where all employees feel respected in their uniqueness. We are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion to ensure all colleagues have the freedom to be who they are and to bring their whole self to work. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.