Pfizer Global Business Services is passionate about building a diverse work environment where all employees feel respected in their uniqueness. We are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion to ensure all colleagues have the freedom to be who they are and to bring their whole self to work. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
This role is internal compliance and consulting role working as part of a large team of internal VAT colleagues within the European SSC for Pfizer. The role has specific responsibility for managing all aspects of VAT Compliance and intrastat for European countries.
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation, completion and filing of VAT returns and all compliance work (VAT returns, ESL, intrastat, annual returns, voluntary disclosures, where applicable, and any other ad hoc returns)
• Ensure all payments are made in a timely manner • Follow up on outstanding repayments/refund applications in a timely manner.
• Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each month
• Identify and follow- up any errors or exceptions. • Provide comment/suggestions on process/system efficiencies that might be adopted to improve the processes in GFS VAT.
• Involvement and initiation of projects on process/system efficiencies. • Manage the resolution of items assigned on the Issue Resolution Log.
• Manage errors and exceptions to minimize the impact on financial results and avoid non compliance penalties with Tax Authorities.
• Assist the Indirect Tax Specialist in all Tax Audits/Queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner
• Provide audit support to the Pfizer business units when requested.
• Develop Market relationships by assisting the Indirect Tax Specialist in providing accurate and relevant VAT advice thereby centralising consultancy across GFS Europe.
• Support the Global VAT Director in terms of any initiatives and requests.
• Assist the Indirect Tax Specialist in ensuring that all relevant VAT changes are considered in terms of system impact (e,g, SAP/VAT TRAC/VAT Cockpit) and that the information is communicated and documented to the appropriate contact for update.
• Ensure all ad hoc reporting and information tools are available as required by GFS Indirect Tax or the markets (e.g. Tax audits).
• Demonstrate an adaptability and openness to change, whether it be in objectives, roles, procedures. Demonstrate flexibility in working roles, to allow assistance to other colleagues in busy periods, by proactively making themselves available to support others
• Experience in a Big 4 tax practice or a multinational commercial organisation with experience in Indirect Tax
• Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
• SAP experience desirable • Proficiency in PC skills (incl. Oracle, SAP, Word and Excel)
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Acts Decisively
• Seizes Accountability
• Grows Self
• Change Agile
• Self Awareness
• Commits to "One Pfizer"
• Builds Peer relationships