COMMISSION FOR RAILWAY REGULATION
Job Title: Higher Executive Officer Supervisor: Head of Administration
Job Location: Blackrock Dublin Department: Corporate Governance and regulation
The HEO will fill an important newly created post in the CRR and be part of a small but highly motivated organisation. The post will have an oversight and support role for the key Regulatory and Corporate Governance functions within the CRR. In regard to the Regulatory role they will be the primary link and contact between the CRR and the parties to the newly signed five-year Iarnród Éireann Infrastructure Manager Multi Annual Contract with an overall value of one billion euro. The role is to ensure that the CRR fulfils its independent monitoring role as set out in legislation in a highly competent and professional manner. The post will also provide key assistance to the Management Team within the CRR in the area of Corporate Governance. Ensuring that its procedures and policies support the requirements of the Code of Practice on Corporate Governance for State Bodies. This is a new post within the CRR and therefore provides the successful candidate a significant opportunity to develop and structure the role to meet the requirements of the Commission in these areas.
The principal responsibilities for this post include but are not limited to:
A. Supporting the CRR in fulfilling its key role as the Railway Regulator. This includes the following:
- Monitoring the infrastructure managers compliance with the Infrastructure Manager Multi Annual Contract between the DTTAs and IÉIM. Continual oversight of the data provided by the Infrastructure Manager relation to agreed Key Performance Indicators and Annual Performance Thresholds, as part of the agreed five-year contract between the Minister of Transport Tourism and Sport and the Infrastructure Manager with a total value of 1 billion euro.
- Reporting on the monitoring function and engagement with the Infrastructure Manager on data provided, including recommendation of areas for further assessment including asset inspection.
- Oversight and review of the Infrastructure Manager’s Annual Network Statement, including all administration of any complaint or appeals processes.
- Assessment of railway undertaking licence applications and compliance with licencing criteria, including of administration of any complaint or appeals processes.
B. Supporting the CRR in fulfilling its requirement relating to Corporate Governance and the implementation of a Quality Management System.
- Support the Commissioner, Head of Corporate Governance and Regulation and other Principal Inspectors as required.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance requirements particularly in the area of data protection.
- Manage the development and maintenance of key corporate requirements in relation to Quality Management System and Staff Competency Framework.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the CRR.
- Third level degree in a relevant discipline: e.g. Economics, Commerce.
- Audit qualification.
- Computer skills qualification.
A minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience in a senior administrative role.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision, good problem-solving and decision-making skills and personal drive
- Experience in drafting, formatting, editing and proofreading documents and upholds a high standard in written and verbal English
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with good typing skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with numerous stakeholders at multiple levels both internally and externally, with tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Integrity and high professional ethics
- Excellent attention to detail
Communications & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to present information clearly, concisely and confidently when speaking and in writing.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders
Commitment to a Quality Service
- Evidence of incorporating the needs of the service user into service delivery
- Evidence of proactively identifying areas for improvement and the development of practical solutions for their implementation
- Evidence of practicing and promoting a strong focus on delivering high quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Commitment to developing own knowledge and expertise
Evaluating Information, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- The ability to gather and analyse information from relevant sources, weighing up a range of critical factors to develop solutions and make decisions as appropriate
- Ability to make sound decisions with a well-reasoned rationale and to stand by these
- Initiative in the resolution of complex issues
- A capacity to develop new proposals and put forward solutions to address problems
To find out more about this position please contact me on | email: firstname.lastname@example.org