We’re looking for an enthusiastic, career driven person who is passionate about Health & Safety and capable of managing our Health & Safety polices, procedures and team across multiple sites.
This is a permanent position and the ideal candidate will have previously managed a H&S Department and not just health and safety on his or her own sites.
- Manage our SHEQ Department giving direction to safety officers & safety administration staff.
- Oversee Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality matters on multiple sites in the south-east region and other geographical regions as required.
- Maintain all Group SHEQ documentation.
- Liaise with all interested third parties such as local authorities, health & safety authority, etc.
- Carry out risk assessments and action control measures where required.
- Complete method statements for various work activities on site.
- Completing and updating construction stage health and safety plans and task specific risk assessments.
- Investigate and report on all EHS incidents ensuring thorough investigations and corrective measures are implemented.
- Oversee contractor insurance requirements and ensuring they are in line with Group requirements.
- Promote best practice and direct site personnel on areas of concern.
- Work closely with site management and contracts managers.
- Completion of EHS plans, registers and complete weekly/monthly/annual reports.
- Reviewing and approving sub-contractor EHS documents and ensuring compliance on-site.
- Conducting site EHS inspections and producing reports.
- Developing and delivering toolbox talks to site operatives.
- Third level degree in Health & Safety, EHS or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a safety lead with Main Contractor.
- Confident individual with good influencing skills.
- Positive energy and quick problem solver.
- Ability to challenge current processes and demonstrate leadership.
- Be flexible in line with business requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Detail orientated. Fluent English speaker. Full clean driver’s licence.