- Interpreting all regulatory changes and provide guidance and direction to Cork site operations to ensure full compliance with Health and Safety legislation and OHSAS 18001 Standard.
- Provide EHS support to an assigned operational area to ensure compliance with Regulatory (IE licence & lower tier SEVESO site) and corporate Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintain and continuously improve EHS Management systems to meet OHSAS18801 and ISO14001 international standards.
- Maintain appropriate records on file in relation to EHS Management systems
- Work closely with the EHS team and Operational Area Managers/Supervisors to continue development and implementation of EHS strategies to realize the vision of a “injury/incident free workplace”
- Seek out opportunities to continuously improve a proactive EHS operating culture. Promote the culture where all colleagues report near miss/unsafe conditions/unsafe behaviours.
- Educate colleagues to increase their knowledge and awareness of EHS by developing and delivering training and communication presentations
- EHS assessment/ approval of all process and equipment changes
- Provide information and reports to Regulatory Authorities and Corporate as required
- Compile EHS metrics and KPIs data/ trending for Corporate EHS and site Management
- Involvement in Corporate Responsibility/ Sustainability goals
- Attending and representing EHS Department at specific operational meetings
- Leading specific EHS Projects and Initiatives as required.
Who you are:
- Science/ Engineering related Degree, or equivalent.
- Higher Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Process Safety Qualification or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience within a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Life Science or Pharmaceutical experience is desirable. Medical device experience would be beneficial.
- Leadership & organizational skills with ability to influence and motivate colleagues to achieve high performance
- Highly motivated with a passion for EHS to continuously improve EHS performance by implementing new and innovative ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent user of Microsoft packages.