RINGASKIDDY API SITE
HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST
An opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Specialist to join the EHS Department in the Ringaskiddy API Plant to support API manufacturing operations.
The following are just some of the key responsibilities within the role which include:
- Responsible for scheduling and delivering H+S training across the site
- Actively arrange and complete the necessary risk assessments associated with the activities in the API Plant
- Complete the required H+S audits in accordance with give schedules;
- Conduct other sitewide H+S audits and continuously improve the Site H+S management systems
- To continue the progress of creating a vibrant EHS culture amongst those working in the facility.
- Act as primary H+S contact for given buildings. Lead H+S meetings in the designated areas.
- Assess H+S incidents and lead and support H+S investigations as required throughout the facility.
- Assist with development and implementation of key H+S metrics
The successful candidates will preferably have
- Completed a Diploma in an H+S related programme and ideally have 3 to 4 years relevant experience within in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A good understanding of Chemical manufacturing-preferably API Manufacture, including general processing, utility and plant operations.
- Previous experience of compiling and delivering training presentations
- Good knowledge of EHS management systems and a strong technical writing ability
In addition, the successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities.
The successful candidate is expected to be able to foster a vibrant EHS culture in the new facility which will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Open to new challenges and tasks as the role develops and in line with changes across the site