An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading global asset manager in a senior position within their Risk team reporting to the CRO. The Risk manager will monitor on an ongoing basis the financial risk framework both for portfolios managed directly and delegated investment managers. The Risk Manager is also responsible for providing to the Board, the Risk Management Committee, external and Senior Management with regular reports on the risk framework and violations.
- Being responsible for the financial risk framework for Investment products under management
- Provide oversight and reporting for DP Fund Risk Management under CP86 requirements
- Define and present to the Board the correct financial risk appetite of products developed or under management
- Translate the risk appetite in tangible limits (exposures, VAR, TE, liquidity, etc..) to be assigned to each product
- Define stress scenarios (liquidity and marker risk) to each portfolio
- Monitor the limits, escalate and follow up violations according to the escalation procedure
- 8+ year’s experience with a proven track-record in the risk management field, ideally from an Asset Management background.
- Experience of dealing with senior management and interacting at Board level.
- Initiative /self-starter
- Problem solving ability
- Knowledge of financial services operations including equity, fixed income and derivative instruments;
- Proficient MS Excel user;
- Familiarity with CP86 requirements for Fund Risk Management
- Prior PCF39 approval
Please send CVs to email@example.com or call me on 01 - 947 6327