Cpl are sourcing for a Head of Innovation & Research on behalf of a Premier Energy company based in Belfast. The post holder will join the Chief Innovation Office with a remit to develop the Group Innovation Strategy, the implementation plan and the successful deployment across the entire Group. This role can also be based in Dublin.
The role holder will build relationships and partnerships with research institutions and academic organizations to ensure Ireland are to the forefront in the integration of future technologies. They will also bring a consistency to the technical development of their staff and be instrumental in developing the technical pipeline with a focus on climate change and the transition of the electricity sector to low-carbon, renewable energy.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Create, lead and motivate a high performing team of technical experts and thought leaders to deliver on the strategic objectives of the company and ensure an engaged and motivated workforce on an enduring basis
- Create an innovation strategy to position the organisation to deliver on our 2030 ambition and continue to be relevant as a thought leader for post 2030.
- Drive an innovation culture across the Group
- Manage the relationship and partnerships with the research institutions on behalf of the Group
- Develop and manage the research Budget
- Deliver a holistic plan to develop the Group’s future thought leaders and sectoral influencers and ensure that the appropriate capabilities are available to deliver on the future business needs
- Driving the overall research agenda with research and innovation institutions.
- Be to the forefront of research into new unproven technologies, policies etc. required to achieve the 2030 ambition.
- Working with international thought leaders on integration of several new technologies onto the transmission system
- Represent the Innovation and Planning Office at the Innovation Committee which is a subcommittee to the Board.
- Act as senior “thought leader” for the group, researching and producing reports and White Papers on complex issues in the sector, presenting the papers externally at key forums and engaging experts across the sector.
For further details and a confidential discussion about the role please apply directly below.