Head of Credit – Dublin City Centre
My client is ambitious about its future and is now seeking a Head of Credit to support its growth plans. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the customers loan experience and underwriting. The successful candidate will also be tasked with expanding the capabilities of the company into new credit sectors, such as longer-term lending and secured / mortgage lending.
We are also looking for a person who has a background in banking or lending but is also passionate about service. The customer relationship is our most valuable asset, and it is critical that we treat every customer fairly, with dignity and facilitate their credit needs within the appropriate credit risk appetite. You will have a team of five people working in the lending function.
As a member of the senior management team, the successful candidate will contribute to the strategic development and sustainable. We are looking for a team player and a self-starter, a person who has high attention to detail, an analytical thinker who is results-driven with excellent communication skills.
- Oversee and lead the Credit function
- Work with the Credit Committee and Board to develop a strategically effective credit policy;
- Assess and approve loans in accordance with the regulations and Credit Policy;
- Ensuring the appropriate credit policies, systems, procedures and practices are operating efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to translate the companies this into credit decisions informed by our values and risk appetite;
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure compliance of the overall lending function within the parameters of the Credit Policy, risk appetite and regulations;
- Review the loan portfolio regularly to identify emerging risks, trends or opportunities for growth;
- Perform reviews of the lending decisions to inform amendments to the Credit Policy and support team development;
- Handle and respond to customer feedback, complete detailed analysis or investigation and ensure the timely resolution of member queries;
- Ensure that a culture of continuous improvement exists to deliver effective service within the appropriate risk appetite;
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their behaviours, to support the marketing team;
- Engage with and provide feedback to the marketing team on the customer trends and characteristics to support an effecting marketing approach;
- Develop new lending products, prepare analysis and business cases for approval that is consistent with the overall company ethos;
- Build a roadmap of strategic and tactical opportunities to develop the product set of the company
- Take responsibility for the motivation, performance management and personal development of your team;
- Provide timely and adequate management reporting and develop KPIs to support the role;
- Manage budget within the overall credit union budget cycle;
The person will have a strong credit background with a track record of excellent credit risk and experience developing new products and opportunities. Ideally, from a banking, credit or credit union background with a minimum of five-plus years’ experience in a comparable role.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter who is meticulous, and results driven. They will need to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise effectively.
Ideally, the candidate will have strong communication, leadership and people management skills, including the ability to identify key talent, coach, develop talent, engage employees and an ability to hold employees and teams accountable and invested in their results.
A 3rd level qualification in a related business discipline and knowledge of the I.N.T.O and primary schools is desirable.
A QFA or the appropriate APA qualification is a requirement for the role.