Qualifications and Experience Required:
• A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
• Minimum of 1 years experience;
• Strong knowledge of the Irish Planning system and environmental issues;
• Experience of providing advice on planning matters preferable;
• Knowledge of planning, development and environmental issues;
• Ability to prepare reports and formulate recommendations;
• Capability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and other professionals as part of design teams, in multi-disciplinary services.
• Excellent communication skills are essential.
The Graduate Town Planner will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
• Assisting in the co-ordination and delivery of projects, including preparation and submission of planning applications, preparation of planning appeals, planning appraisals, and planning policy reviews; analysis and submissions related to Development Plan / Local Area Plan preparation.
• Delivering projects to deadlines, whilst working both as part of a team and on their own initiative.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues and external consultants.
• Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to colleagues.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a competitive salary, shorter working Friday, medical benefit and professional body support.