We are currently recruiting for a Government Affairs Partner on behalf of a large global pharmaceutical company. The Government Affairs Partner is a full time office based role. His/Her mission is to focus on shaping public policy to instigate system change in the Irish healthcare environment.
Optimise system change through Public Policy
- Develops a Company Ireland Public Policy strategy to shape and future proof the Irish Healthcare environment for innovative technologies.
- Navigating political landscape and delivering projects with relevant stakeholders e.g.: Government, Political Parties, Industry Associations, Advocacy Groups, Journalists
- Identifies opportunities to shape policy through:
- participation in committees
- education of legislators or appropriate lobbying mechanisms
- patient advocacy in collaboration with the Patient Partnerships manager
- Identifies opportunities to enhance company’s reputation and positioning as a preferred and impactful partner for sustainable healthcare.
- Provides in-depth knowledge and insight on healthcare legalization, keeping relevant internal stakeholders up-to-date with any changes.
- Liaises with Regional counterparts on Public Policy projects to ensure shared learning and efficient delivery of initiatives.
- Collaborates closely with the Strategic Partnerships and External Communications managers to ensure alignment of objectives and coordination of activities.
- Leads the production of high quality internal/external responses to relevant policies and discussion documents as required.
- Provides support to Skill Centres and Squads on issues of a political or healthcare policy, to deliver on company mission to get better outcomes, for more patients, faster.
- Contribute to the delivery of Policy inputs into an integrated communications plan aligned to companies key goals
- Ensure an understanding of Healthcare environmental influences to direct the development of communications strategies aligned to healthcare policy opportunities.
Compliance / Monitoring
- Agree KPIs in line with Policy Plan and monitor regularly to ensure appropriate action taken
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining high ethical standards and operating in compliance with local and global policies.
- Skilled Public Affairs practitioner with Graduate qualification at Bachelors level minimum, Master’s degree ideal
- 5 years’ experience working in Public Policy
- A knowledge of Irish Healthcare and General Health policy and understanding of how this is shaped.
- Strong networking and influencing skills to facilitate stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate communicating complex information clearly internally and Externally
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- A self-starter with demonstrable ability to plan both strategically and tactically and to effectively prioritise tasks.
- Adept at project management to co-ordinate project delivery perhaps requiring managing of third party inputs to time and budget.
- Ability to successfully navigate regulatory and legislative environment
Dublin Full time
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail LDunne@thornshaw.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671