Job Title: Statutory Reporting COE Accountant (France)
Responsible to: Senior Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant in a corporate accounting role is responsible for an entity / entities, working with the local markets and internal GFS EUROPE departments to report out to Pfizer Corporate Head Quarters.
The corporate reporting to Head Office in New York is completed under US GAAP guidelines. As part of month end reporting, the Accountant is responsible for:
- All financial submissions associated with the entity / entities
- Detailed analytical review of data
- Answering queries/ analytical requests from Pfizer’s Head Office, the local Market or other groups outside GFS e.g. Global Tax, Global Operations
- Accounting issues and tasks that arise from the monthly reporting
- Performance of GL reconciliations; review of reconciliations prepared by other parties
The General Ledger Accountant is also responsible for annual statutory reporting (coordination of audit, preparation of financial statements etc.) for the entity / entities.
There are also additional operational areas where the General Ledger Accountant may become involved in e.g. acquisitions, divestitures.
There are also a number of project responsibilities that may arise from this position. It is dependent on business circumstances (e.g. team structure, stage of migration cycle) and the role that the individual is in.
The role may require some ad hoc travel to the migrating countries. This is determined by business needs.
- Responsible for monthly GL reporting to US Headquarters
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up error and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, process and databases within given parameters
- Handle general ledger inquires from other GFS departments, NY Controllers, the market and other external groups
- Responsible for annual reporting to Local Statutory Authorities (includes preparing Financial Statements in line with Local GAAP conventions working closely with local Finance Director and Tax)
- Work with Internal audit & KPMG for all audit related issues under US and Local GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the market and in GFSS
- Perform Monthly Reconciliations
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed to balance workloads
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovate solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant
- Min 2+ years of related accounting experience required
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking, and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- SAP experience desirable
- Experience in a multinational environment preferable
- Proficiency in PC skills (inc. Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of US-GAAP plus French GAAP desirable
- French language preferable
Pfizer Global Business Services is passionate about building a diverse work environment where all employees feel respected in their uniqueness. We are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion to ensure all colleagues have the freedom to be who they are and to bring their whole self to work. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.