The Statutory Reporting team is responsible for the end to end Local GAAP reporting activities of the department. In addition to this the team performs key quarterly US GAAP related activities.
In particular the Accountant works with market finance and internal GFS departments to execute the responsibilities specific to their assigned Pfizer entities.
The Accountant is involved in local statutory and legal regulatory requirements including:
- Preparation of statutory Financial Statements in line with Local accounting principles
- Supporting the efficient and timely execution of audits
The Accountant is also involved in:
- Coordination of quarterly balance sheet reviews with key stakeholder
- Quarterly analytical review of US GAAP balance sheet variances
- Detailed analysis of differences between US GAAP and Local GAAP TBs
- Answering queries from Pfizer’s Head Office or from the market finance team
- Responsible for local statutory and legal regulatory requirements
- Ensure (working closely with key stakeholders) the timely and accurate production of the Statutory Financial Statements
- Ensure adherence to Local accounting regulations / Local GAAP for the above.
- Maintain Local GAAP ledgers in SAP.
- University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Fully qualified accountant
- Minimum of three years of related accounting experience required
- Strong communicator with proven influencing and presentational skills
- Experienced working in a global environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and to bring tasks to completion
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and information into actionable insights and business recommendations
- Experience in preparation of statutory financial statements
- Experience in statutory reporting in a similar shared service environment is also very beneficial for this position
- Strong technical accounting skills i.e. good knowledge of accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills – completion of analytical reviews
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
- Knowledge of US-GAAP and Statutory Accounting
- Knowledge of Acquisitions and divestures is beneficial though not essential for the position.