Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are currently recruiting for a GL Accountant based in their GFS site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Pfizer Ireland’s city centre site. Both Global Financial Solutions (GFS) & The Pfizer Treasury Centre are located in Ringsend, in Dublin City. The GFS handles all financial services for Pfizer in Europe, while the treasury in Dublin is Pfizer's global treasury centre for areas outside the US.
The General Ledger Accountant in a corporate accounting role is responsible for an entity/entities, working with the local markets and internal GFS Europe departments to report to Pfizer Corporate Headquarters on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The GL Accountant will also be responsible for identifying inefficiencies with a view to developing and implementing more robust processes within the group.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to US Headquarters.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
- Handle general ledger inquiries from other GFS departments, NY Controllers and the Market.
- Work with Corporate Audit and KPMG for all audit related issues under US GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Market and in GFS.
- Perform/Review monthly reconciliations.
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills.
- Minimum of three years of related accounting experience required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational skills
- SAP and/or Oracle experience desirable
- Proficiency in PC skills (particularly Word and Excel)
- Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the audit process
- Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment is also beneficial for this position.
- Language skills are preferable though not essential
- Strong technical accounting skills i.e. good knowledge of accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
Minimum qualification of a University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting. The candidate must be a fully qualified accountant.
This is an 11 Month contract.