Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Responsible to: General Ledger Senior Accountant
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual statutory reporting to US Headquarters.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
- Handle general ledger inquires from other GFS departments, NY Controllers and the Market.
- Work with Corporate/statutory Audit and KPMG for all audit related issues under US GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Market and in GFS.
- Perform/Review monthly reconciliations.
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CPA / CIMA)
- Experience preparing financial statements
- SAP and/or Oracle experience desirable
- Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the audit process
- Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment is also beneficial for this position.
- Knowledge of US GAAP is desirable
What Pfizer Offers:
- A healthy work-life balance. Working hours are from 08:30 – 17:00, and on Friday’s you leave early at 16:00!
- an onsite gym
- canteen and barista.
Pfizer Global Business Services is passionate about building a diverse work environment where all employees feel respected in their uniqueness. We are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion to ensure all colleagues have the freedom to be who they are and to bring their whole self to work. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Candidates must have either an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa to be considered for this role.