Title: French Statutory Controller - Pfizer
Responsible to: R2R Director (Statutory Reporting COE)
The France Statutory Controller is responsible for the French group of Pfizer entities, working with French market finance and internal GFS departments.
The French Statutory Controller is responsible for local statutory and legal regulatory requirements and will act as the technical accounting advisor to business partners and other stakeholders as required e.g. acquisitions, divestitures, specialised accounting.
The role will require travel to Paris, France on a monthly basis and for short periods at a time as determined by business needs.
- Managing a large regional team of Dublin and Paris based colleagues, including team goal setting, individual colleague development & mentoring.
- US GAAP submissions to NY (e.g. financial submissions and quarterly submissions) for the French entities
- Review of reconciliations at quarterly Balance Sheet Review and escalation of related issues.
- Responsible for all balance sheet reconciliations not managed by a sub-ledger
- Maintain an understanding of the US GAAP Controllership reports and the significant GAAP differences
- Assistance in completion of French intercompany investment and goodwill impairment reviews
- Liaise with GFS Financial Reporting Initiative (FRI) team to provide input into the Quarterly FRI process
Statutory & Regulatory Reporting:
- Preparation and interpretation of French and US GAAP technical accounting guidance papers
- Signing KPMG France representation letter
- Plan and execute annual audits, including managing KPMG’s French PBC lists and liaison with / direction to French and Globally based Finance colleagues such as R&D Finance, Enabling Finance, IP Funding Team and Tax Transfer Pricing.
- Actively participate in periodic profit reviews with the Operational Transfer Pricing CoE ensuring that profit adjustments account for any French /US GAAP differences
- Final review of Financial Statements (annexe, rapport de gestion, previsionnel) in line with French Accounting principles
- Prepare French and US GAAP technical accounting guidance papers and provide technical advice to Business Finance, Tax and Business leaders, interacting with Controllers as required
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the activities and accounting entries of French entities, perform analytical reviews of the French GAAP financial statements and explain material variances
- Responsible for any local regulatory reporting including Banque de France and submissions to ANSM
- Responsible for the timely submission of the Liasse Fiscale (tax filing) in conjunction with Global Tax and outsource providers
- Work closely with Global Tax and local market to support any tax audits or any ad hoc work
- Responsible for maintenance of and adherence to Internal Controls
- Work with Corporate audit to ensure timely & satisfactory completion of market Corporate audit in terms of the Market Financial Reporting activities
- French local market compliance including preparation / input into any SOP’s related to Financial Reporting.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in NY, French market finance, French commercial business partners and GFS. Act as a central point of contact for those stakeholders
- Acting as liaison between the GFS sites worldwide and the French local market.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including Global Tax, Global Operations, Transfer Pricing (NY), IPF team
- Member of the Statutory Reporting COE management team and the Dublin Management Operations Forum.
Project Management & Ad-hoc requests:
- Oversee the implementation of complex projects/issues which require experience and significant technical accounting abilities
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovate solutions to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Participate in projects that require analytical and problem solving skills
- Provide input as required on ad hoc requests from key stakeholders
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant
- The ability to communicate proficiently in French (spoken, written, reading) is mandatory
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of French GAAP and US GAAP
- Minimum 10+ years of related accounting experience required
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in a multinational environment required
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking, and organisational skills a prerequisite. The colleague must be able to analytically review and challenge financial information / statements.
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- SAP and/or E1 experience preferred
- Proficiency in PC skills (inc. Word, Excel & Powerpoint)